Use A Wide Channel
In this game we promote use of the wider areas of the pitch rather than just trying to go directly down the middle to the goal. Before a player can score they must dribble the ball into one of the two blue wide channels.
Short & Wide
Long & Narrow
This 1v1 pitch set up long and narrow encouraging players to run with the ball and use a change of pace/speed.
Back To Back Goals
This 1v1 has offset goals offering the players another different space to play in and experiment with. They will need to either go diagonally or use the space and cut back to the goal.
In & Out
- Shoot early when you can see the open goal, don’t dribble it in
- Beat your opponent before trying to score
- Use changes of directions to beat your opponent
- Use a change of speed once you have unbalanced or beaten your opponent
- Change your match ups frequently
- Play short quick games
- Use “Winner Stays On” to rotate players in and out frequently